Value Your Trade
Use our Kelley Blue Book trade-in value tool to get the best value possible on your current used vehicle when you trade-up to a new Acura or certified pre-owned Acura model at Fresno Acura. Get the Blue Book value for popular your specific make and trim so you can upgrade too luxury sedans on Clovis roads like the Acura TLX or Acura ILX, as well as crossovers and SUVs like the Acura MDX or Acura RDX. Each vehicle’s trade-in value is unique so it’s important to understand what affects your estimate and how the trade-in process works. Get started by simply entering the year of your current vehicle along with some additional required information and you’ll get an estimate emailed to you soon! Use our Acura trade-in tool to bring home your next luxury vehicle today!
What Factors Determine the Trade-In Value of My Car?
In order to get the best trade-in value for your next vehicle to sport on Madera roads, you want to understand how your vehicle will be assessed. Much of your vehicle’s worth is determined by how well it runs and availability. Here’s a quick breakdown of several important factors that contribute to your trade-in value:
- Mechanical condition
- Car features
- Exterior/Interior condition
- Market landscape
How Do You Trade in a Car?
After you’ve received your trade-in estimate, you’ll need an appraisal of your vehicle, so be sure to bring your trade-in estimate and we’ll examine the condition of your car and make sure it’s a good fit for our used car inventory. Once we’ve examined your car, you can negotiate or accept our offer and finalize the sale. We encourage our customers to always do their own research to make sure they’re getting the most reasonable trade-in offers. Trading in your vehicle can be an intricate process, so here are some additional questions you may have when valuing or trading-in your current vehicle:
- Q: Can you trade in a financed car? A: Yes, you can. If you have positive equity on the car (as in it’s worth more than what you currently owe), you can trade it in easily. The dealer will purchase the car and pay off the loan, then they’ll put what’s left toward the new vehicle price, giving you a major advantage. If you have negative equity on the car (as in it’s worth less than what you currently owe), the dealer may still buy the car and pay off the loan, but the difference will be rolled into your new car loan — meaning you’ll still need to pay it off eventually.
- Q: How soon can you trade in a financed car? A: There’s no time limit that’s set in stone, but it’s a good idea to wait until you have positive equity.
- Q: What does it mean to be “upside down” on a car loan? A: Being “upside down” on a car loan is the same thing as having negative equity. If, for example, you owe $30,000 on a car that’s worth $25,000, you have negative equity.
- Q: Can I trade in my car for a cheaper car? A: If you still owe money on the car, you can trade it in for a cheaper one. If, for example, you owe $15,000 and the car is worth $20,000, the dealer can purchase the car as a trade-in, pay off the loan, and put the $5,000 toward your new auto loan as equity. If you don’t owe money on the car and own it outright, there’s nothing stopping you from trading it in for a cheaper car; you can do what you’d like with it.
Find Your Vehicle Trade-In Value at Fresno Acura Today!
Now that you’ve had a chance to use our Acura trade-in tool, our finance team is here to answer your questions and get you one step closer to bringing home your next luxury vehicle on Visalia roads. Check out our car-buying tips and tricks for more details on whether leasing or financing is right for you. You can even use our monthly payment calculator and online financing application right from the comfort of your home. Contact us today for more information on our trade-in value tool and to schedule an appointment at our dealership near Madera!